How You Can Help
Whether you are visiting or living in Moab, you can help by:
- Only consuming what you need.
- Reusing existing materials (forgot something at home - or have something you don't need anymore? Consider picking up or donating a used item at one of WabiSabi's thrift shops - your purchases and donations support local nonprofits).
- Making conscious choices about what you purchase, for example using refillable water bottles instead of purchasing bottled water. Need a free place to fill up your water jugs? Visit Gearheads.
- Encouraging the businesses and individuals you interact with to compost and recycle (curbside recycling pick-up services are available for residential as well as business customers through the local company Green Solutions).
- Supporting local food producers (consider visiting the Farmer's Market Saturdays at Swanny Park from 8:00 a.m. to noon May through October, or shopping at the nonprofit Moonflower Market.)
- Recycling! The Community Recycling Center at 1000 E Sand Flats Road is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday and happy to accept your:
Where Does It Go?
The recycle center sells recyclables to different companies depending on who is offering the best price at any given time. Visit the links in the right sidebar to view basic information about whom your recycling is sold to, and where it goes from there. CCR collected this information from the companies listed, so it reflects their own descriptions of what happens to recyclables once they acquire them.
For more information, or if you have comments about the recycle center, please contact:
Grand County Solid Waste Special Service District #1